To read an excerpt from the book, please click on the following link:

ashaveilbook.blogspot.com

An excerpt from The Pleasure Palace, my romantic comedy, can be found here:



Thursday, January 23, 2014

Blue Thistle

Thistle tried on one of my bellydance hairpieces (I add it as an extra to an elaborate headpiece I made for tribal fusion dance).  Then CG tried it on, but would not let me take a pic (I teased that I would upload it to the CalTech alumni website so everyone could see what he has been doing lately).  Thistle sure gets the best dress-up stuff.

I am going to surprise CG with a pot of Tibetan lentil soup, which I have never  made for him. I think he will like it--he enjoys spicy food (he lived in New Mexico as a kid and his father was born there).
I want to thank him for being here for me and taking nearly two months of his life to help me and Thistle.  Here is a link to the recipe (I generally leave out the potatoes and increase the garlic).  It's really good, and a nice meal for a cold night with some toasted sourdough bread and a little olive oil either on the bread or in the soup as a garnish:

http://low-cholesterol.food.com/recipe/tibetan-lentil-soup-19915

Quiet day--getting ready for my performance Saturday and looking forward to it!  It is going to be a lot of fun.  I find that fun get-togethers really help with the still-sad and difficult grieving time I am in.  It sure has been more bearable with CG and Thistle around.



No comments: