To read an excerpt from the book, please click on the following link:

ashaveilbook.blogspot.com

An excerpt from The Pleasure Palace, my romantic comedy, can be found here:



Friday, January 24, 2014

Performance tomorrow!

Been practicing and getting my costume together for tomorrow.  It is a bit scary--I haven't done any performing since Desert Dance Festival in September.  Still, it's going to be fun.

I am also starting to choreograph a solo piece, which is going to be based on the zar, an exorcism dance from North Africa (though the first solos I will likely do as a bellydancer will be some things that are easy for me: veil, sword, and cymbals).

This is an example of the zar rhythms by a North African band, The Mazaher Ensemble:


I am going to have to get dinner for Thistle (CG needs time for his personal life tonight) and I am needed in the kitchen.

Wish me luck for tomorrow, and thank you for visiting!


No comments: