To read an excerpt from the book, please click on the following link:

ashaveilbook.blogspot.com

An excerpt from The Pleasure Palace, my romantic comedy, can be found here:



Friday, January 17, 2014

Still Myself

I have not written about my chemotherapy in a few days, maybe several, because I am tolerating it so well now that I have almost forgotten about it, except for the hair loss and some remaining tiredness.  I am so, so glad I am taking a medical leave this semester.  It frees me to conserve my energy, finally:  I was always happiest in summer and on winter breaks, because I wasn't buried in piles of the eternal grading.  Now I just have the days to plan and look forward to, and can mostly shape them as I want.  This is a luxury very few people have, and I am immensely grateful that I have it, and will try to use it well.  I am still myself, and I am feeling better and stronger every day.