To read an excerpt from the book, please click on the following link:

ashaveilbook.blogspot.com

An excerpt from The Pleasure Palace, my romantic comedy, can be found here:



Friday, January 03, 2014

This I Would Knit--Persian Poppies, Pattern by Kaffe Fassett



Kaffe Fassett is one of my favorite knitwear designers.  I think in this lifetime, if I could knit only one of his projects, it would be the Persian Poppies shawl.  This was made by TwoSistersString.  I have the pattern and lots of yarn bits and pieces.  I love the colors.  It's amazing how simple patterns, done in nicer yarns (wool and silk blends, for instance) can enhance the vibrancy and the "hand" ("hand" is a term for the heft and general feel of yarn, or a knitted garment).

Knitting has been on my mind since looking for chemo caps.

No comments: