To read an excerpt from the book, please click on the following link:

ashaveilbook.blogspot.com

An excerpt from The Pleasure Palace, my romantic comedy, can be found here:



Saturday, February 01, 2014

Crafty

I made a cloth book for Thistle last night!  It took me a couple of days and Downton Abbey reruns (I sewed it by hand from one of those preprinted fabric sheets.  I have had this before she was born, BTW--so that is how long it takes me to accomplish some of these things).  It is a breakthrough for me because I have been balking at sewing, except for costuming, for some time and it's the primary fiber art that I really like to do, especially quilting.  So, perhaps soon I will pick up and finish my "Jewel Box" quilt (twin sized, also made by hand).  It may be simple, but it's an important indication of my recovery from the recent unpleasantness.

Here is the book when it was in progress:




No comments: