To read an excerpt from the book, please click on the following link:

ashaveilbook.blogspot.com

An excerpt from The Pleasure Palace, my romantic comedy, can be found here:



Thursday, March 20, 2014

A Step Towards Painting





Moving forward sadly and slowly, but forward.  Had a mostly good couple of days so far.  Just deep sadness on this Thursday--really feel the annihilation of my old life, and nothing risen so far but a sense of self as fragile as a shell.  

I started to feel as if I wanted to paint again, and got as far as masking the paper to the board (to prevent the paper from rippling once it is "watercolored").  I masked it (messy job as the masking tape tore).  Then I had an urge to mask a few places on the paper itself (to create white spaces after the colorwashes).  I don't know what it will be--probably just some "scribbling" paintwise--I am so out of practice.  Maybe I'll show this as it goes through different stages.  Anything to make myself enter more and more into life, as it continues to beckon me forward.







No comments: