To read an excerpt from the book, please click on the following link:

ashaveilbook.blogspot.com

An excerpt from The Pleasure Palace, my romantic comedy, can be found here:



Sunday, March 09, 2014

My Voice Returns

I love Shaker hymns and practice with them a lot now.  Here is one of my favorites which I am going to ask my choir director Ronda to arrange for the group (it has a solo at the beginning, heh).  It is called "Love is Little" and always reminds me of my life with Ella and how she has bloomed against all odds into such a beautiful child.

Since I can never return to my Thursday night dance class, I plan to audition in the Fall for Pacific Voices, a local choir (it meets on Thursday nights).  This will very likely be my audition piece, or another favorite Shaker hymn, "Come to Zion" (which shows my vocal range a bit better, but I like the emotional palette of this one):




No comments: