To read an excerpt from the book, please click on the following link:

ashaveilbook.blogspot.com

An excerpt from The Pleasure Palace, my romantic comedy, can be found here:



Saturday, April 05, 2014

Predators Online

I am getting mail from readers which is very appreciated.  One reader suggested that I post some references for online safety for young people.

With all my life experience, I am still quite repelled about all this and the more I learn, the more repelled I am. Here are some guidelines to help keep kids safe online (curiously, from Microsoft):

Online Safety for Kids

My rule for my kids was always NO computers in the bedroom.  With the rise in cell phone usage and tablets, this rule strikes me as harder to enforce nowadays.

Here is another, more comprehensive resource from the FBI which addresses this a bit:

http://www.fbi.gov/news/stories/2011/may/predators_051711

I think vigilance, trust, and raising a child so that they are listened to and believed is also essential.

No comments: