To read an excerpt from the book, please click on the following link:

ashaveilbook.blogspot.com


Sunday, June 15, 2014

Happy Father's Day



First off:  a Father's Day thank you to CG, for offering to co-adopt Thistle with me, an action that significantly changes his life, but one which insures Thistle will be okay, remain in the home where she has been raised, and have a stable parental presence in her life should something happen to me.  I actually could not be allowed to adopt her on my own after becoming ill as I was in December and was told I had to choose a co-adopter--and CG offered whole-heartedly.  He and I are adopting as friends, not partners, which is (we are told) getting more common nowadays...but we share a household, are housemates, and at the center of it all is Miss Thistle, growing happily, and me, reassured that she will not be thrown out alone into the world if I am gone.  God knows, I know exactly what it is like to be discarded, and I never want that to happen to her.

And here are a few old pictures of my dad--whom I wish a very happy Father's Day!