To read an excerpt from the book, please click on the following link:

ashaveilbook.blogspot.com

An excerpt from The Pleasure Palace, my romantic comedy, can be found here:



Tuesday, June 24, 2014

Rory

Our local CHP and media have released the name of my son's friend who was killed on Saturday (Rory Hammar). Rory was a great kid who grew up to be a young man with a big smile, a bit of a teddy bear sort of guy. My son Matt, his friend Gabe, and Rory were like the Three Musketeers when they were little, traipsing up and down the road (we all lived fairly near each other).


All summer long, these little guys would come in and out of the house, play in the woods and at the pond, etc. It seemed such a golden time, gone into the silence now, but leaving a storehouse of good memories.

I feel deeply sad for his parents and sister, for Rory's friends, and even for our community. I don't even know what to say, though I am getting in touch with his mom tomorrow.

Please keep this family in your kind thoughts and prayers. It is unimaginable to me, to endure this grief. I really loved Rory and my son is going through a great deal of sorrow over this.

Don't ever, ever take anyone for granted in your life. Don't let apologies and reconciliations just hang in the air: go out and do them.

Let's all remember that we are in this life together.

No comments: