To read an excerpt from the book, please click on the following link:

ashaveilbook.blogspot.com

An excerpt from The Pleasure Palace, my romantic comedy, can be found here:



Sunday, August 31, 2014

Creepy (warning: graphic post)

There is creepy, and there is creepy...and then there is uber creepy.  McClish, as I research him, is the poster boy for uber-creepy.

Why did no one stop Michael McClish when he was sexually harrassing a fifteen year old girl at the Scotts Valley Safeway?  Why did he get a job at ANOTHER market when he clearly was a danger to women in his workplace?


  My first thought is that it's because large swaths of society don't really give a crap about women...we're all "hysterical," "vengeful"--you all know the drill.  This guy was a danger, and hiring him at the Ben Lomond market put the women employees, and women in the community, in danger.  He killed a gentle, sweet woman, and I feel that his relationship with her was probably fueled to a great degree by taking advantage of her.  I think her only responsibility in this was just being a good person who had a slip and made a mistake with the wrong person, and that is never a source of blame.  He was a predator, and a sociopath/psychopath, and he deserves to be exactly where he is.

Frankly, I think he's a frickin pedophile on top of everything else (yes, audience, I hear you say, "Ya think?"...but dear God...so many rumors about him harrassing young women that I am uncovering).  I almost dread what more I am going to discover about this man.  I think he had shreds of pretending to be decent, but ultimately had a cesspool for a soul. He certainly wasn't the "Savior Guy," which is what he called himself all through his trial.

When I feel I can't do this, that I can't bring my writing and creativity up to the degree of writing this book, I think about Asha, broken and savaged at the bottom of a ravine, and I realize her story is every woman's story who has died at the hands of violence, all women everywhere.

And so I keep going.

No comments: