To read an excerpt from the book, please click on the following link:

ashaveilbook.blogspot.com

An excerpt from The Pleasure Palace, my romantic comedy, can be found here:



Wednesday, August 13, 2014

National Talk Line/Suicide Prevention Line

I would like to share a resource tonight, and that is all for the evening.  I am dipping into some very sad, shadowed material as I research my book.  I went down the street where Asha used to live, and it was so pretty, just a simple rural road with nice houses and gardens along the way, a cliff with a sandy slip-out (there are a lot of small sandhills in the area, and a major one not too far away), and, of course, redwoods and maples I am starting to get a feel for how she lived, what she saw every day, and want to do these things before I approach people who knew her.  It is sad and I have to withdraw from Asha's story and be gentle with myself for the next few days, as Robin Williams' suicide has really, really saddened me.  My grandfather, a successful actor and stuntman, killed himself at 63, in the same way as Williams, and though I have had years of therapy over it, I connect at the heart level with the loneliness and the sense of pain that must be with someone at the brink.

The National Talk Line/Suicide Prevention Line is open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.  You will be connected with a trained counselor and you do not have to be in a crisis to talk.

1-800-273-TALK

National Talk Line/Suicide Prevention Line

No comments: