To read an excerpt from the book, please click on the following link:

ashaveilbook.blogspot.com

An excerpt from The Pleasure Palace, my romantic comedy, can be found here:



Tuesday, September 30, 2014

Sad, but Consequent

So the legendary Thursday night dance class I was told I could never again go to by the person in question is now ending. I received the email today. It will turn into a little zumba class. I know many people quit going because they stopped feeling safe there and upset that I obviously could not be there anymore.

Just remember: when you put out the selfish vibes and choose to treat people who love you and are loyal to you like they do not matter, as if you have hordes of such people at your disposal, life will delete things from you until you have to face yourself. In recovery, they say that life taps you first with a twig, then a branch, then drops the forest on your head to get you to sit up and notice. Life is not all about living in a universe of one, and doing so hurts you first, and subsequently everyone around you.

I know, because I have been through this myself and it is a lesson I still learn.

Just saying.

No comments: