To read an excerpt from the book, please click on the following link:

ashaveilbook.blogspot.com

An excerpt from The Pleasure Palace, my romantic comedy, can be found here:



Saturday, September 20, 2014

Thursday nights, Bal Anat, Ravine's ending

I went to the wonderful bellydance show, Bal Anat, which has been running for many years and showcases many types of Middle Eastern dance.  It gave me a lot of inspiration for describing the dance sequences of The Book of Jezebel, my science fiction book, now a little more to the wayside because Ravine, my book about Asha Veil's murder, needs to be primary right now.
Bal Anat was glorious, in some ways more so than the "Broadway" polish of Wicked, partially because it has been more than ten years since I have seen Bal Anat and know much more about dance now.   If you want to know more about the show, here is a link:

http://www.gildedserpent.com/articles14/aziza9BirthofBalAnat.htm

I saw my old friend Mel from the long-ago days of Heavy Hips bellydance, and she told me that the teacher for the fateful Thursday night African dance class, to which I could not go because of the person in question, is retiring and the class will be sort of a zumba class from now on.  I have zero attachment to this class anymore, but some part of me feels different now,.that many things this person shared with me are leaving, like the Capitola Book Cafe and the Thursday night African dance class.  If we ever reconcile on some level, it will be on a different and newer ground, and with both of us healthier and happier than we once were.  This is my fondest hope.

No comments: