To read an excerpt from the book, please click on the following link:

ashaveilbook.blogspot.com

An excerpt from The Pleasure Palace, my romantic comedy, can be found here:



Saturday, November 01, 2014

Dia de los Muertos Altar


I made a Day of the Dead altar for Asha and Anina Veil.  The lanterns are znicze, Polish funerary lights, and the little bird figurine is for Anina.  On the piece of gray sea glass next to the little bird, you can just make out the tiny goddess figure I found in my car the night I first asked Asha what she wanted me to write about her. Recently, I found writing by her husband, who called himself "the husband of a goddess."  May all souls find peace in the world beyond this one, and may all of us who are left behind to mourn find comfort in the memories of our beloveds.

No comments: