To read an excerpt from the book, please click on the following link:

ashaveilbook.blogspot.com

An excerpt from The Pleasure Palace, my romantic comedy, can be found here:



Friday, November 21, 2014

First Solo Bellydance: Taxeem to Malio Sadio

I am happy and a tad nervous to announce that I am performing my very first solo belly dance tomorrow at the Crepe Place in Santa Cruz!  It is a big step for me. I am dancing the slow moves called taxeem, to Habib Koite's Mali Sadio.

Another wonderful thing is that I am going to a song circle I have too long strayed from, at the same place as I sing with the Voice Weavers, the Center for Healing in Felton.  I hope to see many old friends there.

Here is a recording of Mali Sadio:

I need a breather of music and dance as I work on this book, and then will dive back into the shadows and light again.

No comments: