To read an excerpt from the book, please click on the following link:

ashaveilbook.blogspot.com

An excerpt from The Pleasure Palace, my romantic comedy, can be found here:



Friday, November 21, 2014

Incredible

I am again going through files at the criminal division of the Santa Cruz County courthouse, this time for the killer's DUI and his rape trial.  The rape trial evidence saddened me beyond belief. There were several women who reported that this man harrassed or outright assaulted them.  It reminds me of the evidence mounting against Bill Cosby.

One thing that boggles my mind: why was McClish, so clearly dangerous, so predatory to women at his workplace, allowed to remain at the market?  Giving him zero consequences only boosted his sense that he could just act with impunity....of this I am absolutely sure.  Many people in town kept talking about "little Mike, so cute when he was growing up"...with absolute blinders on their eyes.


No comments: