To read an excerpt from the book, please click on the following link:

ashaveilbook.blogspot.com

An excerpt from The Pleasure Palace, my romantic comedy, can be found here:



Friday, November 07, 2014

Recovering

Had some minor dental surgery today in preparation for some bridgework. The surgeon does not prescribe opiates due to rampant abuse. I am reminded of a friend who told me a story that saddens me to this day, of his parents withholding his pain meds (which I assume would also have had an anti inflammatory in them) for a ridiculous reason, delaying their son's healing in the process. Having a moderate bit of pain tonight, dulled a little by Motrin, I realize I do not understand why someone would put their kid through something like that.

The surgery went well, though, and soon the rest of the work will be done...and not a moment too soon!

No comments: