To read an excerpt from the book, please click on the following link:

ashaveilbook.blogspot.com

An excerpt from The Pleasure Palace, my romantic comedy, can be found here:



Tuesday, November 25, 2014

The Vanishing Sweet Potatoes

Someone, somewhere, is enjoying a lovely (disposable) pan of honeyed sweet potatoes covered with toasted mini marshmallows...because they apparently didn't serve it at the Thanksgiving feast at school, according to my granddaughter!  Either that, because it was a heatable dish, it is in the school's oven, where it will be discovered by some means or other (yuck).  Hopefully someone took it home to enjoy. I'm doing another pan of it for Thanksgiving.

This, like all the holidays, is very difficult for me because one of the things I loved was making holidays nice for m.  Maybe one day we will be friends again and I can do some of those nice things again, even if just a little bit.

No comments: