To read an excerpt from the book, please click on the following link:

ashaveilbook.blogspot.com

An excerpt from The Pleasure Palace, my romantic comedy, can be found here:



Thursday, January 08, 2015

Comet Lovejoy

I saw a wonderful visitor from space tonight: Comet Lovejoy. There is a little park near my home and I ventured out to see if I could spot it. I had a somewhat complicated chart, but got frustrated with that. Then I noticed the chart showed Lovejoy straight down from Aldebaran, quite a long ways, but a definite straight line. So, I located Aldebaran, lowered the binoculars down, and there was Lovejoy: a slightly green fuzzball. I stayed looking at it a long time: an amateur astronomer, I have seen four so far: Halley, Hale-Bopp, Ikeya-Zhang, and Lovejoy.

I am grateful for this love of stargazing, which gives me hope.


No comments: