To read an excerpt from the book, please click on the following link:

ashaveilbook.blogspot.com

An excerpt from The Pleasure Palace, my romantic comedy, can be found here:



Friday, January 30, 2015

Impasse

I have been at an impasse from the book for several days now.  I have to re-organize my writing area, which is a disaster and distracts me.  I am also dealing with some depression, which has not been around for a long time.  I suspect my sleep cycle has something to do with it, though it is getting better.  Any brush with depression (actually more sadness than depression) is very small compared to what I used to deal with.


I have decided tonight to do what I always do, edit until I start to feel the writing flow again (usually the editing makes it happen).

I dreamed last night that I was on a forest path in Poland and a formidable elderly woman with black hair met me on the path and said she would help me.  She spoke Polish the whole time and, in my dream, I understood every word she said.

No comments: