To read an excerpt from the book, please click on the following link:

ashaveilbook.blogspot.com

An excerpt from The Pleasure Palace, my romantic comedy, can be found here:



Saturday, January 31, 2015

Sadness

My younger daughter is very ill with addiction and I ask everyone to please keep her in your thoughts and prayers.

I have been reticent to talk about her here, but her situation is very frightening.

And of course, m. floats into my mind again when, in an attempt, unconscious or not, to embarrass me, blurted out, "Is your daughter still in jail?" to an entire table of people we were having dinner with. 

Addiction is not something a family should ever be ashamed of, nor made to feel that way.

And, people often begin recovery in jail. I would rather see that than some smug fool with no conscience and a criminal mindset prowling around Santa Cruz, a little too confident that he will never get caught.  There are so many of these people in Santa Cruz, and so trying to arrest them all must seem to law enforcement like trying to catch the ocean in a thimble.

No comments: