To read an excerpt from the book, please click on the following link:

ashaveilbook.blogspot.com

An excerpt from The Pleasure Palace, my romantic comedy, can be found here:



Thursday, February 05, 2015

Sad Places

As positive as I want to be (and do not always succeed at), having a member of the family so sick with addiction is soul crushing. I went up to the university today with a carload of goods the Dynamic Duo dumped at my home in Lompico, because they might be stolen property. The officers were kind to me and took the stuff into the station. They thanked me for trying to locate my family member. It was gray up there, the fog rolling in. I saw the meadow there that I wish I could go to in the afterlife.

I know this family member is edging closer to being put in circumstances where she can get help and am glad but this latest incident has plunged me into a very dark place. At least I am going to be able to pull myself back out and think clearly.k


No comments: