To read an excerpt from the book, please click on the following link:

ashaveilbook.blogspot.com

An excerpt from The Pleasure Palace, my romantic comedy, can be found here:



Thursday, June 11, 2015

Facebook Amusements

I have nearly five hundred friends on Facebook, so see posts which have been shared by others from time to time. In the past few days, I was amused (but saddened) to see a share where a woman suggested that a musician (whom I also dislike) kill themselves.  Her further comments indicated she was dead serious,  and my friend thought it was a good idea, too. Then, an hour later, she shared a maxim on compassion and congratulated herself for her highly evolved compassion for all beings.

Yeah, right. Personally, I don't crow about my great compassion because I myself have a lifetime of work to do on it, and compassion is a journey which involves self-scrutiny, another lifetime of work. I probably should not criticize but it is funny and sad at the same time.

No comments: