To read an excerpt from the book, please click on the following link:

ashaveilbook.blogspot.com

An excerpt from The Pleasure Palace, my romantic comedy, can be found here:



Tuesday, June 23, 2015

Marilyn

As an aside from all the work on the book, I wanted to share a quote about Marilyn Monroe which I found in my book, An Unfinished Life: John Fitzgerald Kennedy.  The quote is on Marilyn's lack of self-esteem, despite the fact that she was an intelligent women and a terrific actor, though she was rarely given a role that really let her show her depth.

The quote is, "She held all the cards.  And she didn't know it."

I have to remember for myself that, despite what m. and many others might feel about me and those who do not really know me, that if life can be compared to a card game, I'm holding a pretty strong hand...and so do many, many women.

No comments: