To read an excerpt from the book, please click on the following link:

ashaveilbook.blogspot.com

An excerpt from The Pleasure Palace, my romantic comedy, can be found here:



Saturday, October 10, 2015

Asha Says

Practicing dance two days  ago, I sensed, very strongly, Asha's presence behind me, as if she were really there.  I sensed her saying, "Why are you concentrating on the Pope? I want you to tell my story. Why are  you focusing on the Pope and not my story?  I don't want you to leave me behind." She is an insistent spirit.

I told her that I would starting working. It is not fair to Asha and all the people who loved her, who are encouraging me and helping me, to just drop off the map. I will never know her nor be able to tell her story.

It's getting to the time of year when I feel closest to Asha...this dry autumn, such a dry-leaf fragrance in the air.  The owls have returned; mountain lions hunt at night and coyotes.  I saw a stag chase a bobcat away, running at it, snorting and showing its horns. The world when Asha was taken away, a dry landscape, returns now, and I return, too, back into her story.

No comments: