To read an excerpt from the book, please click on the following link:

ashaveilbook.blogspot.com

An excerpt from The Pleasure Palace, my romantic comedy, can be found here:



Sunday, July 24, 2016

New Yorker Article: Donald Trump's Speechwriter for Art of the Deal

Tony Schwartz, Donald Trump's ghostwriter for The Art of the Deal, was interviewed by The New Yorker.  He had much to say about Drumpf and it is worth checking out the article. 

Before I post the link, I would like to include a quote from the article which should terrify every human being on the planet.  Mind you, this man knows Trump well and worked with him closely. 

“I genuinely believe that if Trump wins and gets the nuclear codes there is an excellent possibility it will lead to the end of civilization."


It has been decades since I put a child to bed and worried about whether there would be a nuclear war.  My greatest fear is that I would die in such a horrible scenario and Thistle, a little child, would be left alone to negotiate a nightmare. I have not worried about this in more than thirty years.  Thistle has been well-schooled in what to do if she finds Grandma is very sick, etc: all scenarios which deeply frighten me, but there are solutions to these things. I have taught her to dial 911. I have told her to stay on the phone with the nice person who will answer the 911 call and they will help her stay safe. I have taught her all the safe exits in case of a fire. 

In all these years, I have never considered that, in case of a nuclear war, I would want her to die first, so that she would not have to live without me to take care of her. 

This is one of the most horrifying thoughts I have had in over thirty years. 

Even if such a war never came to pass, Trump would wage war on every freedom we have.  He has promised as much. 

No way to end this except to pray this evil man never gets elected.







No comments: