To read an excerpt from the book, please click on the following link:

ashaveilbook.blogspot.com

An excerpt from The Pleasure Palace, my romantic comedy, can be found here:



Friday, January 20, 2017

First Day of the New Reich

Now that a supremely unqualified clown has taken the Oaf of Office, I have a few remarks.

First off, a welcoming "fuck you" to our new Commander in Chief, who couldn't properly command a breakfast crew at McDonald's if he tried. Your cult will soon find that you are not the Messiah who promised to bring back jobs, improve health insurance, bring coal back, etc. I know of no other administration which is a train wreck from Day One. I've never heard of an administration where there was talk of impeachment before the president was even sworn in. I have zero respect for you because YOU are the criminal in this political equation: a treasonous crook who got a big boost into the White House from the Russian government. You will go down in history as a traitor to this country, and I hope your Trump clown train derailment takes the whole lot of your miscreants with it.

I expect that at some point it will become dangerous for writers, including journalists, to speak out safely. Writers, artists, journalists, etc. are some of the first ones to be targeted and curtailed in a fascist regime.  As the New Reich takes shape, I predict an undermining of anything that might provoke independent and rational thought processes in people. It is already happening as The Donald begins to try and curtail press access. He has promised to eliminate the National Endowment for the Arts and the Humanities. More is to come. It will be perhaps a relatively slow undermining, or a relatively quick one. There is no way to tell. But it will happen.

I have been told to smile, act like a lady, and give the Fascist-in-Chief a chance. Sorry, not happening: not with someone whose Cabinet staff is so malignant that even Kafka couldn't have imagined it. I will never give him a chance. Hell, I'm not even calling him my President. I respect the highest office in the land, just not the orange bookmark currently holding it.

So, these are my thoughts on this national day of mourning, when the New Reich took root in America.