To read an excerpt from the book, please click on the following link:

ashaveilbook.blogspot.com


Saturday, July 08, 2017

Leaves Slide Down

The above is titled as such because I've always thought that leaves really seem to slide down the air, not fall.

This has been a tough year. My father died, as well as three of my dearest friends. I had a couple of professional losses which were real disappointments. I seriously injured my right rotator cuff and am looking at physical therapy first, an MRI if that doesn't help the problem, and then beyond that, other interventions

 I have a performance at the end of the month with Dancers of the Crescent Moon. My other troupe...not sure I will be back up to speed for some time. It's frustrating...have heard that surgery means you can be regaining strength and ability in the shoulder for at least a year. To have something impact me like this with the dancing I love: wow. Never saw that one coming.

This has definitely been a time of falling for me, literally and figuratively!