To read an excerpt from the book, please click on the following link:

ashaveilbook.blogspot.com

An excerpt from The Pleasure Palace, my romantic comedy, can be found here:



Wednesday, June 11, 2014

Wild Kingdom: Voice of the Cougar

As game becomes scarcer, I have been hearing the resident cougar shriek, growl, and snarl at night from time to time.  There are also cougar tracks at the local little "pocket park" in the neighborhood.

Well, last night the cougar definitely found the property here.  I was out stargazing on the deck when my kitty, Pandora, started freaking out, and wanted to get inside;  just after I let her in the house, I heard the LOUDEST screams, snarls, purring growls, etc.--coming from RIGHT at my "meditation spot" in the woods.  It was definitely a lion--it was REALLY loud and obviously from a very powerful set of lungs.  There used to be a bobcat around, and the cries of that animal were 100 percent different, but definitely from the cat family.

I went cautiously up there today but didn't see anything...yet I sure heard it.

I think I'll put off that hike I've been planning for a few days!

No comments: