To read an excerpt from the book, please click on the following link:

ashaveilbook.blogspot.com

An excerpt from The Pleasure Palace, my romantic comedy, can be found here:



Tuesday, June 10, 2014

Sword in Hand...er...On Head

My Tuesday night class bellydance class is with wonderful Didi Gorden, at the Serpent's Kiss "magic shop"--a place that sells all things metaphysical.  We are doing sword work now, which involves balancing a sword on my head and dancing whilst balancing (it's a special balancing sword from Saroyan, and it is very heavy, though blunt at the end and not sharp).

I can now balance a sword and, with practice, can kneel down on the ground while balancing it, go into the cobra yoga position while the rest of me is flat on the ground, and do a full roll-over while balancing the sword, and get up again.  My other dance troupe has a great dance routine which involves this.

On the home front, things are going well, though caring for Thistle almost full-time now is a bit tiring and takes some getting used to.  CG is working a lot and attending to other things in his personal life, which I am glad for--despite our mutual devotion to Thistle, I like to see him attending to his own life as well.

That is all for today--thank you for coming to my little pocket of the universe!






No comments: