To read an excerpt from the book, please click on the following link:

ashaveilbook.blogspot.com

An excerpt from The Pleasure Palace, my romantic comedy, can be found here:



Sunday, January 18, 2015

Housecleaning

I spend about six hours a week now doing maintenance and clean up in my little Lompico house.  It's gotten to the point that it is pleasant to be there. Right now I am working alternately in the kitchen and the yard.  It is good to get rid of so much stuff in the appliance cabinet: old Teflon pans that are awful and toxic, especially, two old coffee makers (how did I end up with two?), part of a food processor, a toaster, a hot plate (why did I need a hot plate?)  My sister generously would go out and buy me things like this, and I am glad they have served their purpose.

The e-waste people are going to be really happy, too: I have three computer monitors, old motherboards, and keyboards.  Good-bye.  

I will be salvaging things like old video games and such so my sons can see if they want anything: I doubt it, but am doing it anyways.

I always feel bad about tossing books, but some have really deteriorated and I am not sure what to do with them.  I wonder if I can recycle them.  I don't need a 1999 version of What Color is Your Parachute.

After owning that house for nearly 30 years, I also found out today that my kitchen shelves are removable.  I cleaned them and put them outside to air.

I think when I am there a lot.  I wish I had been a much better mother to my children.  I wish I had asked my neighbors and friends for help, instead of relying so much on my ex-husband's family.  I am so grateful for my friend Carol, whom I have known for nearly 30 years.  My children and I could not have made it without her, or my sister.

Still in love with that house, very glad it is getting fixed up properly now.  





No comments: