To read an excerpt from the book, please click on the following link:

ashaveilbook.blogspot.com

An excerpt from The Pleasure Palace, my romantic comedy, can be found here:



Monday, January 19, 2015

Lovejoy

I can't believe so many folks seem disinterested in a comet as easily visible as Lovejoy. It is still visible in a good set of binoculars and will be for some time. If you want to see it tonight, locate the Pleiades and scan to the right (e.g. your right as you face the Perseids) and just a tiny degree down. Lovejoy looks like a luminous, fuzzy gray-white dandelion head. Do not give up: it is very visible.

I saw Lovejoy in my (cheapo) telescope night before last and could see the small but very bright nucleus.

If you stargaze tonight, do check out the Pleiades, Taurus, Orion, and Jupiter.

I am off to stargaze, myself.

Ps...yes, the original of this said "staircase" instead of stargaze, lol.

No comments: