To read an excerpt from the book, please click on the following link:

ashaveilbook.blogspot.com

An excerpt from The Pleasure Palace, my romantic comedy, can be found here:



Saturday, August 09, 2008

For Her

It is so strange to think my sister will have been dead three weeks as of tomorrow, that her service was last week. I keep thinking she will call up and ask what all the fuss is about..yet I feel close to her, closer even than when she was alive. How strange that is!

I think this is all going to take time. Mr. Strega and I were making pesto today for dinner, and he said that this has been a tumultuous year on so many levels. And yet out of this year, I will grow towards whatever ineffable spiritual and emotional peak I am climbing in this life. The truth is, many people we love will go into the world beyond this one long before we do, and some may go suddenly. All a reminder, I suppose, that life can turn on a dime, in ways both good and terrible.

I would like to share with all of you the opening to my sister's funeral--she loved bluegrass music and traditional American music, so I chose Tony Rice's version of "Shenandoah," which you can see him play on this YouTube video:

No comments: