To read an excerpt from the book, please click on the following link:

ashaveilbook.blogspot.com

An excerpt from The Pleasure Palace, my romantic comedy, can be found here:



Monday, October 05, 2009

Notes from the Slow Blogger

Seems everything has slowed down for me since school began. There seems a lot of sadness and subdued-ness among my students--very different from last year. What is it? Just my perception, or something real?

My furlough-docked paycheck came today--the reality of the budget cuts really hits home. And yet, here I am, teaching--the profession I have never stopped loving.

Next month, I plan to do nanowrimo (National Novel Writing Month). It's going to be fiction based upon my life as a bellydancer. It's so chick lit that I really ought to just write it on lime green and bright pink paper right now--but there's something to be said for writing just for the sheer fun of it.

No comments: