To read an excerpt from the book, please click on the following link:

ashaveilbook.blogspot.com

An excerpt from The Pleasure Palace, my romantic comedy, can be found here:



Saturday, January 04, 2014

This I Would Knit, Again

Another Kaffe Fassett beauty, but I don't think I have enough lifetimes to do this one.  I would probably try to knit it in Noro yarns, which are self-striping (but very expensive, so this would cost about 300 to 500 bucks to knit) and I am not sure what to do about the sleeves.  The mutton-leg style is just enormous looking, so I would alter those a bit.  The intarsia work (the flowers and such on the yoke) is fabulous.  I've heard that these big Kaffe Fassett coats are extremely heavy due to the yarn and all the intarsia, which uses multiple yarns.



No comments: