To read an excerpt from the book, please click on the following link:

ashaveilbook.blogspot.com

An excerpt from The Pleasure Palace, my romantic comedy, can be found here:



Monday, August 04, 2014

Of a Stuck Lens

My left contact gets hard to remove sometimes.Last night, I ended up in the ER because I could not get it out.

I have not been to the ER in many months...not since November or December when I had a severe infection,.and not since chemo really started working and they discovered the source of my back pain, a fracture and then poorly healed spine.

 I was seen right away. It took five nurses and doctors to get the lens out. I was grateful for
the lidocaine they put in my eye because of all the pushing, prodding, pulling, Klieg lights to see the lens, etc.

Making myself ginger-tomato soup right now for comfort food.

Update: My eye is fine now, but I will never wear that type of contact in my poor eye again!

No comments: