To read an excerpt from the book, please click on the following link:

ashaveilbook.blogspot.com

An excerpt from The Pleasure Palace, my romantic comedy, can be found here:



Sunday, October 19, 2014

Song

I was quite the chanteuse tonight at the monthly bellydance show, Raks Santa Cruz. It was packed to the gills, and my troupe was to sing a song (with accompaniment of the CD) to Dance in the Graveyards by Del Ray, and get people out of their chairs to dance.Several people dropped out, so there were just three of us. We came into the audience from three different directions, so yours truly had to come out all by myself, singing out.  I did fine and connected with the audience well. My voice cracked once, NOT badly, but nobody sings perfectly...I heard Ella Fitzgerald screw up the lyrics to "Mack the Knife" so much that she started laughing. It's like screwing up a choreography...just smile and pick it up again.

M.would have been so proud of me tonight...not only singing solo, but singing out in front of a packed audience and connecting. I know I missed him there tonight, very much.

No comments: