To read an excerpt from the book, please click on the following link:

ashaveilbook.blogspot.com

An excerpt from The Pleasure Palace, my romantic comedy, can be found here:



Tuesday, November 04, 2014

Il Giorni dei Morti

Italians (I am half Italian) celebrate the Day of the Dead (Il Giorni Dei Morti), so I like celebrating this holiday.  I wanted to share a photo of an altar for this holiday (the altar is probably from Southern Italy).   Note the marigolds and orange flowers, which seem to be a common flower for these altars.

I am spending a lot of time working on the book this week, especially trying to be faithful to the timelines (I am working on the part where the community first learned of Asha's disappearance).  I started over-editing last night, but remembered the advice of a friend:  just keep working and don't spend time worrying about what is going to happen with the book--things can always be edited out.

Hoping everyone is warm and safe on this chilly November night.

No comments: