To read an excerpt from the book, please click on the following link:

ashaveilbook.blogspot.com

An excerpt from The Pleasure Palace, my romantic comedy, can be found here:



Sunday, November 30, 2014

Stern Warning 2

I guess what I am worried about is emotional harm the most. I have always been sure he would use any opportunity to hurt me, to flaunt his "free" status as he used to do even when we were together (though I have what he never will, a child, and the knowledge that the child we conceived, and which I lost, never had to know a moment of negativity. I suspect the flaunting of his "freedom" to do things was some hostility towards the fact that I was previously married, had kids, etc.). I am hoping none of that would happen should we ever speak longer than a few seconds. My friend and I discussed it a bit and he said that I needed to be especially gentle during my one-year anniversary of the breakup, that he might do something, consciously or unconsciously, to hurt me emotionally.

I feel sad that I must be on my guard about this, and sorry too.


No comments: