To read an excerpt from the book, please click on the following link:

ashaveilbook.blogspot.com

An excerpt from The Pleasure Palace, my romantic comedy, can be found here:



Saturday, December 20, 2014

Sugar

I have a love-hate opinion of Cheryl Strayed's work, partially because I felt beaten over the head with it in the last year. I really love Wild, her memoir,but dislike her advice column, because 90 percent of her advice is sort of lame.  I also really dislike when people pull random quotes from her; they often seem to apply to being monumentally selfish ("If you want to leave a relationship, go, because wanting to leave is enough!")....no, do not take into consideration your kids if you have them, perhaps the possible fact that you might just want change, not a breakup.  I dislike the way she moans about leaving her husband and how much she loved him when she had multiple affairs behind his back (causing him to leave her, actually...something I admire him for. There's nothing more painful than a sneak, and her behavior was). I often compare her advice writing to Eat, Pray, Love, which was another poorly conceived project, in my opinion, and way overhyped.

Still,


No comments: