To read an excerpt from the book, please click on the following link:

ashaveilbook.blogspot.com

An excerpt from The Pleasure Palace, my romantic comedy, can be found here:



Friday, February 13, 2015

Back to Writing

Tonight, I am attending the writing group I've been in for twenty plus years.  I am grateful for this group of women.  I hope these are the people I can give credit to for helping me with the Asha book if it ever comes to light.  I am grateful they have accepted me back with such love and kindness, which I rather do not deserve, having pushed them away for so long. Isolation has been a big problem these last few months.

I do have a couple of leads on agents, due to the popularity of the NPR show, Serial (which is interesting, but the narrator's voice is incredibly annoying to me and it is hard for me to listen to it for any length of time).  I have no idea how to work up a query on this book.  I can see that part of this inability is just the cloud of depression that has been over me for months.  In Al-Anon, people learn not to have their lives derailed by the alcoholic or addict, and mostly I am okay with going on and proceeding in my life...but Al Anon promises being able to have a meaningful life whether the alcoholic/addict is using or not...the "happiness" part is a bit incidental.  I know people whose lives, jobs, and sanity have been saved by AlAnon, and I know I would be much more unhappy without the grace of the program in my life.  There is happiness, in bits and pieces: I was happy for the hour I practiced with my troupe last night. I am happy when I get through some DIY project in my Lompico house and continue to create a clean and brightening space.  I am happy when I stargaze, and when I play with Thistle. 






No comments: