To read an excerpt from the book, please click on the following link:

ashaveilbook.blogspot.com

An excerpt from The Pleasure Palace, my romantic comedy, can be found here:



Tuesday, July 19, 2016

Tangle, Too

I am proud to announce that the tangle is nearly out of Thistle's hair.  This has been at least two hours of work, sometimes more, over the last three and a half weeks. I have essentially taken over her hair care from now on.

In other news, a friend alerted me to another attempt on someone's part to make it with a young woman almost forty years younger than him, and that the young woman--much younger than the one he tried to make it with before--is probably totally unsuspecting (I wonder how clueless her parents are, as I was told they are very involved with her life and really should be seeing the situation clearly, though I suspect the guy has vetted this).

I know these relationships can work, very rarely, and at least for a while, but this particular scene isn't a romance situation: it's a process of drawing a young woman in and exploiting her naive kindness.  I hope she wakes up, or that someone who really, really cares about her warns her off (Dad and Mom, seriously, where the hell are you?)  I'm really afraid for her, to be honest, and hope to God she is wise enough not to get into a situation where she is isolated with him.

I would think that, if I could speak to him as well, I would tell him that he has done nothing but hurt himself in this kind of situation...as if the consequences last time weren't enough!  It saddens me to see such a situation being created over and over, with the same ensuing disaster.

Anyways, I hope she stays safe and I hope someone who loves her will help her see the situation clearly.


No comments: