To read an excerpt from the book, please click on the following link:

ashaveilbook.blogspot.com

An excerpt from The Pleasure Palace, my romantic comedy, can be found here:



Friday, August 25, 2017

Shoulder

Some updates on the new injury:

I had a physical therapy session last week (after literally weeks of chasing down my insurance). This was my assessment plus some work on the shoulder. The physical therapist showed me what was probably wrong, did some manipulations, including a curious one which involved placing her forearm in the interstice between my shoulder and the chest wall and gently but forcefully pushed down. I heard and felt my shoulder "crack" (like knuckles cracking) at least three times, and the pain subsided!  She said to continue to do my exercises which a doctor had showed me with the past injury at the end of May or so, use ice and heat, use my brace, and generally be careful. I was able to dance that night with arm motions.

I felt well enough to go to the total eclipse, even though I did have shoulder issues throughout, but minor ones compared to pre-physical therapy.

I have caught flak from at least one related person because I was unable to attend my dad's funeral on the 11th, just after the second fall and shoulder injury.

You know, to any family member who comes to read this: I felt better and I went to the eclipse. And that's the bottom line. If I had physical therapy the week I got hurt, and had the improvement I experienced last week, I would have gone to Dad's funeral.

Do I regret and feel badly about having to miss Dad's funeral? Yes, and most especially because people put so much work into it.. But nobody knew what was wrong with my shoulder after the second fall. I had no idea that physical therapy could decrease my pain like that.

So there it is.