To read an excerpt from the book, please click on the following link:

ashaveilbook.blogspot.com

An excerpt from The Pleasure Palace, my romantic comedy, can be found here:



Thursday, July 12, 2018

Updates Soon

I'm saddened that I have not updated this blog. I'm working on two books now and am soon to create a website for my second book, a romantic comedy set in Santa Cruz, California. But I'm so depressed about the state of our country that it is hard to write here. Yet I'll try to do it.

I no longer feel safe as a writer and a "citizen journalist" in the nation we are becoming. There might be a point where, if people do not "Heil Trump" in whatever form that takes, we could face consequences. This is not paranoia: I'm not an unreasonable or paranoid person. However, I've lived through a lot of administrations, and have never experienced growing oppression like this, especially for women and children.

I don't intend to have much contact with my family of origin until this nation is sorted out again. We are family against family, but that's unfortunately nothing new. I've always been branded as the weird one, the crazy one, the liar. It makes me sick because I've tried to reach out to my family with the truths about my life, only to be told I'm not telling the truth (as in when I was raped as a young girl). I love my family deeply, but as long as our President is in office, we are divided.

I don't think anyone on either side of this political spectrum wants to see family against family, or friend against friend. But here we are.

I will continue to write my truths during this time, no matter the consequences, but there is a point where I must protect my loved ones.

The country I once knew is going, going, and nearly gone.