To read an excerpt from the book, please click on the following link:

ashaveilbook.blogspot.com

An excerpt from The Pleasure Palace, my romantic comedy, can be found here:



Wednesday, June 23, 2021

 I am in a retro/vintage recipe group. It's often a lot of information and pictures to wade through, but today I found a picture I might share: my favorite spice-box from my mother's kitchen, used (as far as I know) only twice a year, at Thanksgiving and Christmas! Once I saw that pumpkin on the label, it was “party time!” 

My mother was an amazing cook and though I have many of her recipes (except for stuffed artichokes), I will never be able to match her skills in the kitchen. It was a tragedy when she stopped cooking regular meals (for a host of reasons) when my father left us.

I’m especially amazed that she used commercial spices such as garlic and onion powder, and the ubiquitous “Italian seasoning.”




No comments: