To read an excerpt from the book, please click on the following link:

ashaveilbook.blogspot.com

An excerpt from The Pleasure Palace, my romantic comedy, can be found here:



Thursday, July 29, 2021

Blogger Is Ending Email Subscriptions For All Blogs

 My Dear Readers:

I have a few email subscribers and want to let you all know that Blogger is ending direct email subscriptions as of July 30th, 2021. This means that Blogger will no longer automatically email my blog posts whenever I publish one.

There are a few options to keep getting updates to The Strega’s Story. The simplest is to go on my Authory page and subscribe to my newsletter. The “Authory” link is just below my contact form on this blog, in the right-hand column, and I am providing it here as well:

Joan McMillan’s Authory Page

The subscription form is down in the right-hand corner of the page.

You will then be added to my newsletter, which will automatically contain my latest blog posts (exactly as the current email subscriptions, just through a subscription on another site). Authory automatically receives my blog posts and then emails them to subscribers.

You can also check out my other writing on Authory. Just FYI: my published creative writing will also be added to my Authory site from time to time, and you may receive these as well in the newsletter. I update these things very slowly, as I have to scan and otherwise retrieve my published work from the ether.

Authory is committed to not spamming, so hopefully there will be no problems with that.

You can also follow me on twitter (the link is in the all-important right column on this blog). I will try to update blog posts on twitter regularly.

If the above options don’t work, there are other ways to continue to get updates to this blog. One is via an RSS reader (there is a link to this in the right-hand column of this blog, beneath the “Subscribe to My BlogBlog”). Click “subscribe in a reader.” This will take you to the Feedburner site. There you can choose a feed reader and subscribe to this blog’s updates. Notifications of new blog posts will then be emailed to you.

*Note: Do NOT use the email subscription option. I’ve kept it “live” so as to get this out to my subscribers, but the service itself will be deactivated tomorrow.*

I tried all of the feed reader services offered on the Feedburner link, and discovered the following:

NetVibes and Feedly were the most responsive in terms of loading up the feed from this blog. Feedly was easiest, NetVibes a little challenging.

MyYahoo kept having trouble loading the feed, and many of the feed reader links are broken or inactive. Your best bet if you want to use any of the feed readers offered on the link seems to be either NetVibes or Feedly. 

Honestly, the easiest route seems to be subscribing to this blog via my Authory site. 

Questions about all this? Contact me via my contact form, or email me at poetlore@gmail.com









No comments: