To read an excerpt from the book, please click on the following link:

ashaveilbook.blogspot.com

An excerpt from The Pleasure Palace, my romantic comedy, can be found here:



Friday, February 13, 2009

Answer My Prayer

I have been in a moderately difficult situation in my dance life, trying to figure out whether to leave a course of instruction and a teacher I've been working with for six years and moving on to another teacher in San Jose. This is NOT my troupe nor my wonderful teacher for Dancers of the Crescent Moon; we are going strong and learning amazing new things all the time. The situation I'm in is going to likely involve setting boundaries, saying no, and making the best decision I can, then sticking with it and taking the consequences.

I realize this is nothing compared to the immense pain and sorrow so many people are experiencing, so I am grateful I do not have to make life-affecting decisions right now. Still, leaving an intense course of instruction with someone you've worked with for many years is very sad and has affected me greatly. It is not easy to be nearly 50 and have to start over again, even though I have a huge amount of training and can likely move up in the new classes quickly.

Anyway, last night I was in, of all places, the Felton Safeway, having broken that very night with my other classes. I was feeling very down about it, not sure I had taken the right course, and so I prayed to my mother for a sign, any sign, to show me she was listening and that I was on the right path. Instantly--really, immediately after I breathed that prayer, my mother's favorite version of her favorite song, one she played over and over when I was a kid, came on over the loudspeakers. If you want to see what it was, click on this YouTube video:

1 comment:

LBJ said...

knock and the door will be opened unto you, indeed! xo, Lynn