To read an excerpt from the book, please click on the following link:

ashaveilbook.blogspot.com

An excerpt from The Pleasure Palace, my romantic comedy, can be found here:



Monday, June 09, 2014

Mes Roses, 3

I have a 26 year old rose at my other house (the one in renovation right now) plus cuttings here.  It is not really fragrant, except lightly so, and is called Paul's Scarlet Runner.  Mine is a little straggly right now, but it definitely has looked like this in the past.  It makes a lovely cut flower with my Elena rose (pic tomorrow--I have a couple of rare roses in my garden, and I think Elena might be getting into that category as I don't see it in rose catalogs anymore).





I also very rarely cut roses and bring them into the house...I brought a rose to someone as often as I could when they were blooming, but almost never cut them myself, preferring to go outside and enjoy their scent.





No comments: