To read an excerpt from the book, please click on the following link:

ashaveilbook.blogspot.com

An excerpt from The Pleasure Palace, my romantic comedy, can be found here:



Tuesday, May 01, 2018

Welcome Back


I want to say that I'm still a resident of Planet Earth! I have not updated this blog for several reasons. Rest assured that I want to keep it going and will try to update it more regularly.
Some of the reasons I have been away are simply due to depression over what is happening in our country. No matter what side of the fence you are on, most people seem to be in agreement that these are crazy, difficult times. It is hard for me to feel that I'm living a normal life.

I've also had a very deep blow to my confidence in writing Asha's story: a friend whom I thought was my 100 percent support and indeed my "rock" in writing t
Asha's story, turned out to not be supportive at all. I was basically told something on the level that I was a ghoul and presumptive to the level of thievery in using certain literary techniques in my book. I was heartbroken over this. I'm in no way a ghoul trying to write some salacious book about Asha and it makes me sick to think that anyone might think that. This book is to honor the life of a courageous woman who was so far from being just a "nice cashier," which is how the media too often represented her.

It's my goal and my greatest desire that Asha's book keeps her memory alive in the world also. It takes a long time to recover from what I experienced: even though it's better to find out the truth of a situation, my experience of essentially being told I'm an intrusive writer and a thief broke my heart.

But I'm not giving up on Asha's book. I've always felt that if I stop writing her story, I will somehow abandon her and Anina.

That is all I am going to say for now: except to express much love and appreciation for my readers who continue to come to this blog, and write me to ask where I've gone. I'm still here, and hope to be more "here" in future.